The Ştefan cel Mare University of Suceava (USV), through its three fundamental functions (research, teaching/learning and community services carried out under institutional autonomy and academic freedom), actively and explicitly contributes to the innovation and social development processes.
In this context, USV assumes the mission of education and scientific research having as main objectives:
- training of highly qualified specialists in the fields of study provided for by official national and European documents;
- harmonious modelling of students’ personalities, emphasizing their creativity and promoting their full development;
- continuous development of scientific research, at the level of contemporary international standards, aimed at affirming the scientific performances of members of the academic community, through their participation in the activities of the international community and in inter-university cooperation.
- continuous improvement of teaching and scientific research activities to achieve successful structural, qualitative and economic integration into the European higher education system and become a prestigious university on a national and international scale.
To fulfil its mission and achieve its fundamental objectives, the USV aims to carry out the following priority activities:
- coordinating the teaching and acquisition of professional-scientific knowledge, in order to train specialists with advanced training for education, science, culture, art, social activities, economic activities, as well as the continuous improvement of graduates in the spirit of progress, knowledge and lifelong learning;
- organize competitive scientific research, by developing new research directions so as to specifically exercise the function of disseminating the results of scientific creation;
- ensure, expand and appropriately develop a material base to carry out all its activities;
- promote international cooperation relations and integration into the European education system in terms of structural, qualitative and economic efficiency;
- establish specific relationships with the public authorities and with its external environment;
- responsible participation in the realization of scientific projects of great interest;
- redefine the balance between research and teaching aspects of positions held by members of the academic community;
- promote diversity and flexibility in the recruitment of staff.
The Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava is :
- a space for learning, teaching and other processes with cognitive effects;
- an area of scientific, cultural, artistic and sports production;
- a space in which the foundations of the future status of the graduate are configured and redefined;
- a reference pillar of the integrative approach: the triangle university-public administration-community, formed by economic and social actors.