Unconventional Actuators, Micromachines and Micropower Drives laboratory it’s a part of the structure of Research Center in Electrical Machines, Apparatus and Drives recognized in 2004 by National Council of Stiintific Research from Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation.
The laboratory activitie follow the strategy of the Research Center and have the following objectives: specialists forming which can may compete through their calification and performance at enlargement of knowledge frontier; university competitivity development on top qualification market; committal of performance elite forming by line of young teachers.
The research directions which entailed the founding of Unconventional Actuators, Micromachines and Microdrives laboratory relies on the reconsideration of some categories of classic forces developed in magnetic field and electric field or another category of forces: forces based on solid structure deformation under the action of the electric field (piezoelectricity etc.) or under the action of the magnetic field; forces based on solid structure deformation under the action of the heat (thermo-bimetal; memory alloy etc.) and which brought in some prototypes in solar energetic (solar bimetallic engine, solar nitinol engine, solar pneumatic engine etc.); forces based on chemical reactions leading to the achievement of the electrochemical pumps; forces based on hydraulic effects uses. Non-conventional energy supply developments, micro wind turbine dimensioning and power system testing equipment represents new research directions.
Over 50 scientific papers listed Web of Science
Patents: over 60
Patent applications: 200
Over 200 awards, medals and distinctions obtained at international invention fairs:
- International Invention & Trade Expo – ITE London
- Eureka, Brussels
- Geneva International Invention Show
- ICAN International Invention and Innovation Competition, Toronto, Canada
- INOVA BUDI UZOR International Invention Show, Croatia
- Kaohsiung International Innovation and Design Expo KIDE, Taiwan
- INTARG International Exhibition of Invention and Innovation, Poland
- International Warszawa Invention Show
- International Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation EUROINVENT Iasi
- PRO INVENT International Exhibition of Scientific Research, Innovation and Invention, Cluj Napoca
- International Exhibition of Inventions and Innovations “TRAIAN VUIA” Timisoara
- International Exhibition of Innovation and Scientific Research Student Cadet Inova, Sibiu
- InventCor International Invention Show, Deva.
MAIN RESEARCH EQUIPMENT
Computers, video cameras, data acquisition boards; frequency converters, software application used for electromagnetic and thermal physics simulations, torque, force, speed monitoring and measurement system, evaluation of electrical parameters (power, energy, frequency, waveform distortions), data aquisition systems.
Technical University of Moldova, Lille Ghent University, University of Catania, Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iaşi, University “Politechnica” of Bucharest, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Transilvania University Brasov, Technical University Politehnica Timisoara
Professor L. Dan MILICI, PhD. Eng. Head of the research team
Phone/Fax: (+40)-230-524801, ext. 220; E-mail: email@example.com
Associate professor Mihai RAȚĂ, PhD. Eng. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecturer Ciprian AFANASOV, PhD. Eng. E-mail: email@example.com
Lecturer Elena Daniela LUPU, PhD. Eng. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecturer Vlad Valentin, PhD. Eng. E-mail: email@example.com
Lecturer Niculai BARBĂ, PhD. Eng. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dumitru CERNUȘCĂ, PhD. Eng. E-mail: email@example.com
Assistant Mihaela PAVĂL, PhD. Eng. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org