HISTORY AND AIMS
The INTER LITTERAS Research Centre was founded in January 2005 and validated by the CNCSIS Evaluation Commission in April 2005; it brings together academics and researchers from various branches of philologz, including Romanian Language and Literature, Modern Languages and Literatures, Translation and Interpretation Studies. The Centre consists of 38 members. The Research Centre Coordinator is Muguraş CONSTANTINESCU, PhD. Professor.
The aim of the INTER LITTERAS Research Centre is to promote fundamental and applied research in the area of literature, language and translation viewed as both unitary fields and complementary subfields of knowledge. Any evaluation of linguistic phenomena makes implicit or explicit use of literary studies to the same degree as any interpretation of literary texts entails the study of linguistic aspects. This mutually dependent relationship is also inherent to the study of phenomena and facts related to translation theory and practice.
The Centre has the following objectives:
– to develop fundamental and applied research in the specified fields of knowledge;
– to focus on its members’ various scientific interests in similar research areas with the definite aim of creating a resourceful and renowned group of researchers;
– to initiate partnerships with Romanian and foreign universities and related professional associations;
MAIN RESEARCH THEMES
The broad-spectrum research topic for the period 2005 – 2010 is entitled Metamorphosis of the Text and has the following subtopics :
I. FROM SOURCE TEXT TO TRANSLATED TEXT
Coordinated by Muguras Constantinescu, Henri Awaiss
II. CONTRASTIVENESS IN TRANSLATION
Coordinated by Gina Măciucă, Ioan Oprea, Sabina Fînaru.
III. METAMORPHOSIS OF MYTH with the following directions :
a. Mythical Characters (The Ogre and the Witch, etc.)
Coordinated by Muguraş Constantinescu, Claudia Costin
b. Man and Myth
Coordinated by Claudia Costin and Oana Covaliu.
c. Francophone Cultural Areas (such as : Maghreb; Quebec; Antilles; Eastern Europe and Balkan authors) which aims at studying the diversity of the worldwide Francophone phenomenon from a historical and cultural perspective.
Coordinated by Elena-Branduşa Steiciuc and Cristina Drahta.
A permanent research topic – closely related to the MA on the Theory
and Practice of Translation organized by our Faculty – is The Poetics/
Poetry of Translation, best illustrated by the editorial board of the
journal Atelier de Traduction and its collaborators from more than 30
universities from all over the world.
Editing the collective volumes :
– Ogres et sorcières – mythologies et réécritures, Coordinateurs : Muguraş Constantinescu, Claudia Costin, Editura Universităţii Suceava, 2008.
– Du local à l’universel. Espaces imaginaires et identités dans la littérature d’enfance (coordination Muguras Constantinescu, Jean Foucault), Editura Universitatii Suceava, 2007.
– Panait Istrati – sous le signe de la relecture, Coordinateurs : Muguraş Constantinescu, Elena-Brânduşa Steiciuc, Cristina Hetriuc, Editura Universităţii Suceava, 2008.
– Les funambules de l`affection. Maitres et disciples, (Muguraş Constantinescu, Valerie Deshoullieres), Presses Universitaires Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand, 2009.
Prof. univ. dr. Albumiţa-Muguraş CONSTANTINESCU, DIRECTOR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. univ.dr. Elena-Brânduşa STEICIUC, Assistant Director
Conf. univ. dr. Gina MĂCIUCĂ, Assistant Director
Conf. univ. dr. Claudia COSTIN, Assistant Director
Conf. univ. dr. Luminiţa-Elena TURCU, Assistant Director
Prof. univ. dr. Ioan OPREA
Conf. univ. dr. Aurel BUZINCU
Conf. univ. dr. Sabina FINARU
Conf. univ. dr. Mariana BOCA
Conf. univ. dr. Ovidiu MORAR
Conf. univ. dr. Cornelia MACSINIUC
Conf. univ. dr. Aspazia REGUŞ-SESERMAN
Lector univ. dr. Victor-Andrei CĂRCĂLE
Lector univ.dr. Oana COVALIU
Lector univ. dr. Olga GANCEVICI-OPREA
Lector univ. dr. Onoriu COLĂCEL
Lector univ.dr. Daniela PETROŞEL
Lector univ. dr. Raluca DIMIAN
Asist. univ. dr. Cristina Maria DRAHTA
Asist. univ. drd. Gina PUICĂ
Asist. univ. drd. Camelia BIHOLARU
Asist. univ. dr. Crina STURZU
Asist. univ. drd. Petru MARIAN-ARNAT
PhD stud.Alexandra ANICOLĂESEI
PhD stud.Dumitru Sorin ENEA
PhD stud.Crăciun Maria Petronela (MUNTEANU)
PhD stud.Annemarie Adriana PENTELEICIUC
PhD stud.Alina TĂRĂU
PhD stud.Emilia COLESCU
PhD stud.Loredana Gabriela ŞVEICĂ
PhD stud.Constantin TIRON
PhD stud.Dana Mihaela TRUFIN
PhD stud.Stan Cristina (HETRIUC)
PhD stud.Dima Oana (VĂRVĂREANU)
PhD stud.Florina CERCEL
PhD stud.Năforeanu Briana (BELCIUG)
PhD stud.Irina-Daniela LULCIUC